Abstracts are invited for FSA 2017. The conference program will consist of a combination of plenary, invited concurrent, free communication and ePoster sessions.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference. Online submission for an oral or poster presentation is the only method of receipt of abstracts.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Scientific Program Committee; notification will be sent to the presenting author by 16 June 2017. Full instructions for accepted presenters will be forwarded on the acceptance of the abstract.
|Registration Open||1 April|
|Call for Abstracts Open||1 April|
|Call for Abstracts Close||Extended to 2 June|
|Notification to Authors||1 August|
|Early Bird Registration Closes||30 June|
Abstract Presenter Registration
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
Please note that all presenters (Free Communication and ePoster) must register for the Conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the early bird deadline 30 June 2017. It will be assumed any presenter not registered by this date has withdrawn their abstract from the program.
Free Communication Oral Presentations
Successful oral presenters will be notified of the length of their allocated presentation time in their acceptance letter. Abstracts not selected for Oral Presentation may be offered an ePoster presentation.
All Poster presentations will be in Electronic (ePoster) format and will be prominently displayed in the Conference venue. Full instructions of the format and display of ePosters will be detailed within acceptance notifications sent to the nominated presenting authors.
During the submission process you will be asked to nominate one of the following session themes you would like your presentation to be considered for:
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstract submission is a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
Download the Abstract Template, save it to your desktop and complete it. Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned for correction.
- Abstract text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned.
- Your abstract text should be no more than 300 words, including references.
- Use standard abbreviations only.
- Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Your abstract should clearly, and where applicable, concisely outline the Background, Research Aims/Objectives, Methodology, Results/Findings and Conclusions.
- After completing the abstract template, move onto step 2.
Creating an account/logging into the Abstract Portal:
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the submission button above.
Once you have done this and you have not previously submitted an abstract please click “Create New Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account. You will then be automatically logged in.
Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload the abstract, review briefing notes, register for the Conference and review speaker terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Submitting your Abstract:
Click on “Submit Abstract” option in the top menu. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Presentation Type (preference only)
- Name and Organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your completed Abstract
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed, you will not be able to submit an abstract through the portal until all areas are completed.
- Abstracts that do not include results or state that “results will be presented” may be subject to rejection.
- You will be able to access the abstract portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing submissions until 19 May 2017. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted; there will be no opportunity for amendments from the close of abstracts on 19 May 2017.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the abstract portal.
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Notification of Authors will be communicated by 16 June 2017. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
The following awards will be made within the categories below:
- Best Clinical Paper – BFS Exchange Award
- Best Scientific Paper – ESHRE Exchange Award
- Best Paper by a Nurse
- Best Psychosocial Paper
- Best Poster Presentation
Please note that you must be a current financial member of the FSA to be eligible for consideration for an award. If you are unsure of your membership status please contact the FSA Secretariat, Kim O’Dea (email@example.com) for clarification.
If you wish to be considered in any of the above award categories you will be asked to do so during the submission process. The judge’s decision is final and prize winners will be announced at the end of the conference program.